Have you had your flu vaccine yet?
Getting the flu vaccine is a safe and effective way to protect you and your family against influenza. This year, it's advised that everyone gets the flu vaccine as soon as possible. Here's our Regional Director, Geraldine Ennis, getting her flu vaccination from nurses Kate and Kitty.
Free flu vaccinations are available for the following community groups in Albany under the National Immunisation Schedule:
· People 65 years and over
· Children aged 6 months to 5 years
· Primary school aged children (pre-primary to year 6)
· People aged 6 months to 65 years with existing medical conditions
· Aboriginal people aged 6 months and older
· Pregnant women
To get the vaccine:
· Call 9892 2499 to book into our Albany clinic;
· Call 9892 7222 to book into our Aboriginal Health Service Albany clinic; or
· Make an appointment with your GP.
For more information about the flu vaccine, please visit Healthy WA.